According to Clutch's 2018 small business survey, 36% (??!!) of small businesses do not have a professional website. I'm wringing my hands between typing the words. How on earth is this possible? All of your customers are online in one way or another, and you're missing out on potential business if you don't have a website. OK rant over. Here's some other stuff you need to know.
48% of people consider a company's web design to be the most telling factor of credibility. So, get a website, and make sure it looks good, is easy to navigate, etc. 75% make judgements of a company based on the design. OK, we get it. Make sure you have a website, make sure it's designed well.
For every $1 you invest in user experience on your website, there's a $100 return! It's like a really, really great HGTV show but for websites. Make the right updates. See a huge return!
So, what does good website design look like?
1. Easy to navigate. Users should be able to easily find what their looking for.
2. Good content. Easy to read, easy to understand. Interesting and unique.
3. Speed. Your website should load quickly.
4. Eye catching layout. Not too cluttered, not too busy. Use bullets and visuals, not just blocks of text.
5. Optimize for mobile. Because people are on their phones and tablets all. the. time.
6. Make sure you include contact information.
Seems like an easy start to get your website refreshed just in time for the new decade.